Zendala Moments 2



Once in a while I wonder how I can produce something like this. I'm no artist, just an enthusiast, and many times I end up tearing up my tiles unable to bear how gawky, awkward and ill-combined the tangles look. This wasn't one of them. You can still see the shaky and diffident lines, but this is way above my regular standards. I even thought of covering up some irregular areas with a white Gelly Roll and I love how the shading in the outer half moons (with the Tipple) worked out.

Mooka is one tangle I do not use often so I decided to get some more practice at it and see how it worked here. I'm glad I did. Printemps - it's almost everyone's first attempt at Zentangle, I'm sure - but here, the size I drew them contributed to them being clumsy. There are quite a few things I wish I could change, but still, I am proud of this.

I drew this for Zendala Moments 2, an event I recently discovered.

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Gudrun! I like yours too, especially the yellow and the outer circle.

      Delete
  2. It is a lovely tile and with every tile you will learn a bit more, you can always grow in this kind of art, I'm sure of that and I wish you succes. The most important is that you enjoyed the time while tangling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ria! I'm a fan of your work and a regular reader of your blog.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful Zendala! I like the combination of black and brown on a white background and especially the big Printemps. It's such a fine idea! You can be really proud of this little work of art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Annette! It is good to hear from you.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts