Gourdgeous for IAST #262, Wooooooo! Hoo!

Now, that's seven Os in the name of the tangle Wooooooo! Doesn't that make you smile?



There was a time two years ago when I couldn't stop drawing Gourdgeous. I was taught the tangle in one of the classes I took as a newbie, and found myself doing that a lot in my practice book. Here's an early tile, from my Instagram feed.

As it happens, the gourds wore themselves out, like any good vegetable - I mean that my involvement with them dwindled, to admiring them whenever I came across a tile featuring them. How the stem can be swan neck-like despite the gourd being generously proportioned is still something I have to figure out. If I don't add lines for the ridges from the neck downwards, the pumpkin begins to look more like a sliced onion. I'm glad, though, for the opportunity to draw them, thanks to IAST 262.

Wooooooo! was easy to draw - and I promptly left out the third tier of loops in my eagerness to get started. I am now eager to send this off to Adele, so off this goes, third loop-less!


Comments

Popular Posts