Spring Motifs for Zendala Moments 4


Where I live, in the south of India, there are not very clear distinctions between spring and summer. The temperature goes up, up and up from March and stays that way till October and sometimes even November, after which we are supposed to have rains, and then a very mild winter (we don't even have to wear a sweater) after that, till about mid-January. However, the concept of spring and various spring festivals exist - plants and trees start flowering and some harvest festivals and region-specific New Years commence.

I love the abstract nature of Zentangle, and the fact that it does not have to represent anything, nor even mean anything. That's one more factor making art approachable to someone like me who is able to appreciate the beauty of abstract art but often fail to understand/imagine how it represents whatever the title of the work says. The concerns for me are then limited to combining tangles well and it looking neat and aesthetic, not having to get the art - a petal or a limb or an expression - right.

So I don't much bother with representations of anything unless it's a challenge and this time around, it was Zendala Moments 4. I filled it with the flowery, leafy tangles I could think of, including Ria's Javik. I now realise that I thoroughly enjoyed doing this tile and later experimenting with the colour schemes in the border.

Comments

  1. What a nice surprise to discover Javik on your tile. Thank you very much. I like the use of braun and black pens in the strokes and some green abough and beneath. Yhere is a good balance and nice contrast in your tile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s one of the latest Tangles and I didn’t get around to working on a tile for IAST so as this challenge was open I tried it.
      Thanks for the detailed comment.

      Delete
  2. Thanks, Gudrun. I acknowledged your comment earlier but I cannot see it now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This zendala of yours is really beautiful. Thanks for telling about your weather, love to hear about other countries. I myself live in The Netherlands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anne! I'm off to visit you now!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts