Recent Tiles - 2


This tile grew out of  a challenge on a Facebook Group called Zentangle India. I like how the shading turned out on the white portion, giving it body. The black patches were to mask something that did not turn out to my taste, and at one point, they looked like denim to me. I see only denim there since then. Tangle used: Florz. (I'm not sure if the thingy in the centre is a tangle.)


This tile was done for IAST 296. It seemed pretty straightforward. I did not think much about it and ended up liking the result. Tangles used are Tweak and Ahh!


I did this soon after a recent 'shading on black tiles' class that I took. I used a brown Sakura Micron on it out of curiosity and really liked the result. Tangles used: Tipple, Printemps and some auraing


This was done for IAST 297. Tangles used: Zenith, Cadent, Tipple, Mooka, Zinger, Fescu, Arukas





These two tiles above were also inspired by the black-and-white class I took recently. I've discovered the beauty in a sepia Micron and that's what I've used in both these tiles, along with a bit of colour and white Gelly Roll. An awkward bit was turned into a black-and-white patch. I surprised myself with these two tiles. Tangles used: Fasset, Bales and Cubine


I did this tile for IAST 298.  Tangles used: Doodah and Kitl. 


An evening of wild painting with my three-year-old niece led to this tile. I chose tangles at random, modifying the triangles over and over. I painted in swathes that were a mix of at least two colours but were primarily blue, yellow, pink and purple. Tangles used: Pokeroot, Pokeleaf, Huggins, Nekton, Tripoli


Tan tile using Tweak, Jonqal, Shango, Tipple, Knightsbridge and two others I cannot recall the names of. I felt I should have used the Tranzending techique in the extreme upper left (instead of Tweak) and that would have given it the look of a wallpaper against which the others rested.

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. It's going to be a year old on August 1. But because of the events of last year, I blog rather infrequently.
      Why Muffin? :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts