Zendala Moments - 14 with Chainging and Punzel

Of late, I've been rather taken with the tangles Chainging and Punzel. My Zentangle group on Facebook chose the former for its weekly challenge. I used them for Zendala Moments 14.
https://lonetta13.blogspot.com/2020/02/zendala-moments-14.html
I did the first one on a 3Z tile and went on to doing two more after further practice on drawing them bigger.


I tried various pens on this tile - the Punzel and centre motif and the auras were done with the regular Sakura Micron 01 while I used 003 and 005 for the detail inside. I could not decide how to shade the Verve tangle in the middle so I opted to shade inside the wreath. I kept at it and achieved the depth, and that's progress for me. After that, I could not decide how to enhance the tile any further and left it well alone. The colours I chose were not as great as I hoped they would be.


I say peacock, a friend says dragon. That's how each of us interpreted the motifs at the centre, though all I was trying to do was use Chainging and Marasu. I had taken the Black and White class a while ago and not practised it much so I was happy with what I achieved on this tile.


This was the 3Z tile that I did Chainging on first. I saw a Shattuck-in-Huggins tile on Google Images (which is not showing up now that I want to credit it for the inspiration) and decided to build a Chainging border and set the Huggins inside. Shattuck is such a simple tangle but I invariably get confused. I'm pretty pleased with how this turned out, all the same.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts